Modified on January 24th, 2017 at 12:03 pm.
STEPHEN A. DOWELL
Over 35 years of professional service experience in financial, accounting, energy, telecommunications and a variety of other industry application software areas, Mr. Dowell has extensive background with all phases of software systems development life cycle using various CASE tools, databases and operational platforms. Mr. Dowell has provided project management as well as technical lead expertise throughout his career. Currently, Mr. Dowell is involved in entrepreneurial ventures utilizing his design skills as well as continuing his education in the fields of multimedia, graphic arts and web development.
- FREELANCE WEB DEVELOPMENT – Design, develop and support E-Commerce applications and websites. Clients include local Businessmen, Politicians and Religious Organizations.
- Conducted Y2K analysis and testing for student records legacy systems for Southern Methodist University using Ideal, SAS, COBOL and Datacom DB.
- Performed production support for credit card and other financial systems for Hogan systems financial services.
- Installed lender specific systems to service escrow lines for Transamerica Real Estate Tax Inc.
- Converted legacy accounting systems for FINA Oil and Chemicals to COBOL/370 for year 2000 compliancy.
- Performed QA for new customer provisioning at EXCEL Communications.
COOPERS & LYBRAND LLP, Sr. Consultant
- Provided functional enhancements to magazine systems for Boy Scouts of America.
- Designed automated plan reconciliation of trial balance statements for Fidelity Investments Retirement Company.
- Created loan system audit reporting for MBNA America.
ANDERSON CONSULTING LLP, Sr. Consulting Engineer
- Developed vehicle utilization system for Ryder Trucks Inc.
- Created audit reports for ARCO Oil & Gas using TELON and SPUFI.
CIBER INC., Field Manager
- Performed QA of National Marketing Systems for MCI and designed Consolidated Circuit Management system to track SONET/ISDN technology fiber optics circuits through digital equipment using ADW, COBOLII, CICS, ADABase/Natural and DB2 on OS/2 Warp work stations.
- Installed Asset Sales 3.0 credit card system for MBNA America in a COBOLII, CICS, VSAM environment. Management responsibilities for 7 subordinates.
FORREST FORD CONSULTANTS, Sr. Consultant
- Installed MSA financial aid package for Southern Methodist University integrating VSAM with Datacom DB existing files and created various student correspondence using CMS.
- Team leader in developing ImagePlus interface to MVS for IBM using COBOLII, CICS and DB2.
BRIGHT BANC, Sr. Programmer/Analyst
- Installed CA Accounts Payable and conducted Beta testing.
- Provided support for all financial applications and developed internal project tracking system.
PEAT MARWICK MITCHELL & CO. LLP, Management Consultant
- Installed Customer Information Accounting and Billing system for the City of Dallas Water Utilities converting DL/I file access to Datacom DB in a CICS environment.
- Developed a payroll system for the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston using Transform Logic and IMS DB/DC.
- Tested workers compensation systems for the states of Oklahoma and Pennsylvania in IMS environments.
- Audited a small service company being considered for buy-out by CITICORP.
- Audited tax enhancements to a payroll system of a small industrial company.
- Converted a billing system from ALC to COBOL for Mountain Bell Telephone using ReAct, RETROFIT and PathVU re-engineering tools.
SOUTHERN BAPTIST ANNUITY BOARD, Programmer/Analyst
- Converted Datacom DC systems to command level CICS.
- Team leader during design and coding phases of a Retirement/Annuitant system using IDEAL and Datacom DB.
INFORMATION RETRIEVAL METHODS, Programmer
- Developed and supported marketing reporting systems using Datacom DB, COBOL and CICS.
Bachelor of Science
Major: Computer Science/Mathematics
Minor: General Business Administration
Association of Computing Machinists (ACM), Institute for the Certification of Computing Professionals (ICCP)
Audit, Mortgage, Payroll, Real Estate, Retirement/Annuity, Student Records, Student Admissions, Image Processing, Asset Sales, Oil & Gas, Insurance, Investments, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Cost Accounting, Financial Aid, General Ledger, Circuit Management, Bank & Loan
Data Management Systems
TELON, Transform Logic, ROSCOE, OLLIE, TSO/ISPF, CMS OS JCL, DOS JCL, ADW, ReACT, RETROFIT, PathVU, Excelerator, APS, FILEAID, Platinum, Bachman Tools, MasterMind, Candle, Expeditor, Intertest, MAGEC, command level CICS, endevor, Microfocus, Realia, PHP, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash MX, Ajax, Perl
IBM 360, 370, 390, 30XX, 43XX AMDAHL V6, V7, 43XX DEC VAX 11/780, PDP 11 IBM PCs
Available upon request.